|Born: ||1834 Tennessee.
|Married: ||Nancy Jane Wright (1832-1879)
on 15 Jan 1852 in Carroll County Tennessee. 2
|Died: ||28 Mar 1864 Richmond Virginia. 1
|Buried: || Richmond National Cemetery Richmond Virginia.
7th Tennessee Cavalry USA
BOND, JOHN, Co E, private, enlisted for 3 years in Huntingdon, TN on 6/21/62 and mustered at Jackson, TN on 8/1/62 at
age 30. He furnished his own horse and equipment. Bond was one of the 100 or more members of the detachment of the
7th TN stationed at forts along the Tennessee/Mississippi border who went AWOL in June 1863. He left Saulsbury, TN and
was captured at Ripley, TN on 6/10/63 "on his way home," along with several others. Taken to prison in Richmond, VA,
Bond died of chronic diarrhea there on 3/28/64. He left a widow, Nancy J Wright Bond, whom he had married in 1852.
She received a pension, #194,437, of $8 per month, beginning on February 1882. MR #1943 1 4 5 6
- John Bond's Civil War Service Record
- Carroll County Transcribed Marriage Record, pg 239, entry 426
- Letter from John Bond to Elizabeth Bond
- "Hawkins Tories" A Regimental and Social History of the 7th Tennessee Volunteer Cavalry USA, by Peggy Scott Holley 2009
- The Civil War Soldiers and Sailors System, National Park Service
- Presidential Memorial Certificate